New Meal Monday: Broccoli Salad
One of our favorite things to do in the summer is to have some friends and family over and cook out on the grill. The winters in Vermont are long and the summers can be fleeting, so we like to spend as much time outside as we can! When the main dish is being cooke on the grill it's nice to have some simple sides that can either be made quickly, or in advance! We recently hosted an annual family gathering, and we were able to come up with just the right side for this type of meal. This side served about 12 adults, and we still had leftovers (and many of had seconds because it was so good!). So this is great for a crowd, but obviously portions can be dialed back as needed. This dish can be made hours in advance and is sure to be a hit at your next summer gathering!
What you'll need:
- 8 Cups broccoli crowns, chopped
- 1/2 Cup carrots, shredded
- 1/3 Cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 Cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 Cup mayonaisse
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
How you'll do it:
- Toss Salad ingredients in large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together dressing ingredients until well combined. Salt and pepper as desired and can add apple cider vinegar to increase tartness if desired.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix together until well combined.
- Refrigerate and let cool at least 1 hour before serving.